Ouch, it looks like MinGW and Python do not fit 100% to each other.
Please check out this bug report:

http://bugs.python.org/issue3308

"Basically MinGW erroneously ships a .lib saying localtime is in
MSVCR90.DLL when it isn't.  That means there is no link failure but the
*pyd* will fail to load without information as to why.  Fixing the .lib
means that localtime is picked up from MSVCRT.DLL (ie no version in
name) and everything appears to work well."