On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 7:56 AM, John Hunter <jdh2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have uploaded the source and OSX binaries for the bugfix release of
> matplotlib-0.98.5.3 to
>
>  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=80706&package_id=278194
>
> The windows binaries are not yet ready, so I'll followup to this email
> when they are up.  Below is a summary of the bugfixes in this release

The windows binaries are now uploaded and ready.  We had a problem due
to a binary incompatibility in numpy which was difficult to track
down.  The solution was to build the matplotlib binaries against older
versions of numpy.  According to my tests, the installers should work
with numpy 1.1 or later, but if you have trouble (eg an unexplained
segfault), try wiping your matplotlib and numpy installations, upgrade
numpy to the latest for your python version, and reinstall matplotlib.

Thanks to Charlie Moad for the windows builds.

JDH