On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 5:34 AM, Virgil Stokes<v...@it.uu.se> wrote:
> I am rather new to matplotlib and would appreciate help on how I can
> install matplotlib with Python 2.6.2 on a Windows Vista platform.

The matplotlib installer is broken for python2.6 -- I have been
working on fixing it, but it is not an easy problem.  A recent post on
the subject is here:

http://www.nabble.com/binary-installers-for-python2.6--libpng-segfault%2C-MSVCR90.DLL-and-%09mingw-td23971661.html

if there is anyone out there who has time to spend on this problem,
that would be great.

JDH