2009/6/12 Virgil Stokes <v...@it.uu.se>

> I am rather new to matplotlib and would appreciate help on how I can install
> matplotlib with Python 2.6.2 on a Windows Vista platform.

You have to build it manually. Assumed you have Visual Studio 2008
installed:

   1. install freetype (freetype-2.3.5-1-setup.exe)
   2. install libpng (libpng-1.2.35-setup.exe)
   3. install zlib (zlib-1.2.3.exe)
   4. download and unzip the matplotlib sources
   (matplotlib-0.98.5.2.tar.gz), I will refer to this folder as
   [matplotlib_home]
   5. download and unzip win32_static_vs.tar.gz into [matplotlib_home]
   6. read [matplotlib_home] /INSTALL
   7. type the install commands from the VisualStudio2008-Command-Shell in
   [matplotlib_home]
      - 7.1 python setup.py build
      - 7.2 python setup.py install

Regards