John,

John Hunter wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Werner F. Bruhin
> <werner.bru...@free.fr> wrote:
>

>> Just installed it on Vista and saw the following issues so far.
>>

> Hey Werner, thanks for the reports.

You are welcome - anyhow I think it would be more appropriate for me to
thank you and everyone else involved in the mpl developement.  Thanks
really a great job and it keeps getting even better!

>> - the issue with __doc__ handling in e.g. mlab.py is still present, see
>> tracker item 2593149 and http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/MatPlotLib at the
>> end of that page a work around is suggested
>>

> This is not expected to be fixed until matplotlib 1.0.  The changes
> required to fix this are too pervasive for the 0.99 release branch,
> where the emphasis is on stability.
>

>> - backend_wx does a wxPython version check which does not work when the
>> application is py2exe'd - tracker item 2858638 added and the above wiki page
>> also contains a work around/correction suggestion.
>>

> OK, we will take a look at this too.

Maybe instead of using "import wxversion" (I think its intent is for
developers having multiple versions installed) you might wnat to change
the code in backend_wx.py to use one of the following:
import wx
 >>> wx.__version__
'2.8.10.1'
 >>> wx.version
<function version at 0x02BAEC30>
 >>> wx.version()
'2.8.10.1 (msw-unicode)'
 >>> wx.VERSION
(2, 8, 10, 1, '')
 >>> wx.VERSION_STRING
'2.8.10.1'

This way you don't use wxversion and the check will run in all situations.

Best regards
Werner