> This works for me.
>
>> But
>>
>> cl = cb.ax.get_yticklabels()
>>
>> results in a list of Text objects like Text(0,0,'').
>
> I have no idea what's happening then. I see:
>
> for l in cl:
>       print(l)
>
> Text(0,0,'bla')
> Text(0.166667,0.166667,'1.5')
> Text(0.333333,0.333333,'3.0')
> Text(0.5,0.5,'4.5')
> Text(0.666667,0.666667,'6.0')
> Text(0.833333,0.833333,'7.5')
> Text(1,1,'9.0')
>
> Cheers,
> Scott

Has it anything to do with my matplotlib version (0.99.0) and python (2.6.4) on
ubuntu karmic?

following code:

#------
import numpy as np
from matplotlib import pyplot,mpl

x = np.arange(10)
y = np.arange(25)
z = np.floor(10*np.random.random((25,10)))

pyplot.contourf(x,y,z)

cb = pyplot.colorbar()

for j in cb.ax.get_yticklabels():
   print(j)
#----

results in:

Text(0,0,'')
Text(0,0,'')
Text(0,0,'')
Text(0,0,'')
Text(0,0,'')
Text(0,0,'')
Text(0,0,'')

That's not what i expected and makes it hard to change single ticklabels.

Cheers,

Mario
--
Dr. Mario Mech

Institute for Geophysics and Meteorology
University of Cologne
Zuelpicher Str. 49a
50674 Cologne
Germany