Gökhan Sever wrote:
> Thanks again. I didn't know it was complete :)
>
> For the second idea you mean something as generic as plotting such
> markers?
>
> plt.plot(range(10), linestyle='None', marker=u'※ ')
Yes -- but it can't be quite this simple, since there is already a set
of strings that have specific meanings for markers, and we wouldn't want
to change that behavior.  In order to use an arbitrary character or
string, we'd need additional syntax to indicate that's what you want to
do.  For example:

plt.plot(range(10), linestyle='None', marker=u'(※)')

But I'm hoping someone can suggest a more obvious way to do it.

Mike