antonv wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Here is the whole script:
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p27826457/_test_shiftgrid.py _test_shiftgrid.py
> And here are the grib data files:
> http://socalscubainfo.com/downloads/GRIB2_files.zip
>
> Also, if there is not too much to ask, is there a sample anywhere that shows
> how to use shiftgrid for a mercator projection? If you look at the script, I
> was initially trying to make the images using the mercator projection (there
> is a commented basemap function there) but it would display just the data
> starting from the origin. I was wondering how would I be able to display
> let's say the whole globe but shift the grid 180 so that great britain would
> be in the center of the map rather than being cut at the edge.
>
> Thanks,
> Anton

Anton:  You weren't updating the lons and lats to be consistent with the
shifted grid.  I changed the lines

        #z, lons[i] = shiftgrid(180.0, z, lons[i], start=False,
cyclic=360.0)
        #zq, lons_a[i] = shiftgrid(180.0, zq, lons_a[i], start=False,
cyclic=360.0)

in your script to

        lons1 = lons[0,:]
        z, lonsnew = shiftgrid(180.0, z, lons1, start=False)
        zq, lonsnew = shiftgrid(180.0, zq, lons1, start=False)
        lons, lonsnew = shiftgrid(180.0, lons, lons1, start=False)
        lats, lonsnew = shiftgrid(180.0, lats, lons1, start=False)

and it works fine.

-Jeff