On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Philippe Crave <philippe.cr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the following will display a figure with a plot. the figure will embed
> the classic toolbar.
>
> import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
> import numpy as np
> x=np.arange(0, 1, 0.1)
> fig = plt.figure()
> ax = fig.add_subplot(111)
> ax.plot(x)
> plt.show()
>
> from there, is it possible to add new buttons to the toolbar ? with
> new fonction ?
> or do I have to embed everythong in wxPython, GTK or others ?
>
> thank you,
> Philippe

Hi Pierre Raybaut a nice extension for what you are asking. You will need to
use Qt4Agg backend to use it. The code is at
http://matplotlib.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/matplotlib/trunk/matplotlib/lib/matplotlib/backends/qt4_editor/

He doesn't seem like planning to add more onto this extension (
http://code.google.com/p/spyderlib/issues/detail?id=136)

This said, his code is easy to read and you should easily be able to extend
it according to your need.

--
Gökhan