T J wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 12:28 PM, T J <tjhn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Jae-Joon Lee <lee.j.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Looking at the code, the "transparent" option set alphas of paches to
>>> 0, which I think is simply ignored in ps backend (which does not
>>> support alpha). I think it is better if the visibility of patches is
>>> set to False when the "transparent" option is set.
>>>
>> Attached. But I'm not doing anything fancy.  I've also attached the
>> EPS along with a TEX document.
>>

> Has anyone been able to reproduce this?  If not, it suggests a local
> problem for me. I am still interested in figuring it out, but I could
> use some pointers.

It's a bug, made more confusing by the trickery that is done when
printing a figure.  DPI, facecolor, and edgecolor that are set for a
figure object are used only for screen display, and are overridden when
the figure is saved.  The overriding values can be supplied to the
savefig call or via rcParams.

I think I have fixed the bug in svn, so that "transparent" will work as
advertised.  In addition, I made a change so that even with
transparent=True, if you supply facecolor and/or edgecolor to the
savefig call, those values should be used for the figure patch when the
figure is saved.  This might be useful if you want to keep the line
around the figure, for example.

Eric