I have a problem with the scaling of the numbers on a colorbar.  The
problem occurs when the numbers used as colorbar labels need to be
scaled (i.e. by 1E3).  The colorbar correctly puts the scaling value
on the top of the colorbar, but instead of of multiplying by a scale
factor, addition is used instead.  See the attached script and figure
for example.  In the example, it looks like the color scale goes from
0 to 2*5E3.  At least, that's what I thought when I first looked at
it.  Instead it means 5000 to 5002.

Is there anyway I can scale the colorbar labels by *multiplying* them
by a scaling factor instead of *adding* a scaling factor?  That seems
more intuitive to me and those I work with.

Jeremy