On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Jae-Joon Lee <lee.j.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Using the set_powerlimits method didn't help?

I couldn't get set_powerlimits or set_scientific to change anything in
my colorbar scaling.  If I used setOffset(False) then there was no
scaling; an improvement, but not ideal.

> As far as I know, the current implementation does not allow a custom
> scale factor.
> But if the scale factor is power of 10 (10, 100, 1000, ...), I believe
> using set_powerlimits method (as in my previous example, or some
> variation) is good enough.

Unfortunately in my simple example (and in my real world case), the
scale factor is some number (i.e. 5) times a power of 10.

Am I missing something?  I'm running matplotlib version 1.0.0.

Thanks,
Jeremy

import numpy
import matplotlib.pyplot as pyplot