Using the set_powerlimits method didn't help?

As far as I know, the current implementation does not allow a custom
scale factor.
But if the scale factor is power of 10 (10, 100, 1000, ...), I believe
using set_powerlimits method (as in my previous example, or some
variation) is good enough.

Let me know if it does not work or you have any other problem.
Regards,

-JJ

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 3:17 AM, Jeremy Conlin <jlcon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 10:49 PM, Jae-Joon Lee <lee.j.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 3:34 AM, Jeremy Conlin <jlcon...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I have a problem with the scaling of the numbers on a colorbar.  The
>>> problem occurs when the numbers used as colorbar labels need to be
>>> scaled (i.e. by 1E3).  The colorbar correctly puts the scaling value
>>> on the top of the colorbar, but instead of of multiplying by a scale
>>> factor, addition is used instead.  See the attached script and figure
>>> for example.  In the example, it looks like the color scale goes from
>>> 0 to 2*5E3.  At least, that's what I thought when I first looked at