Solved it, was thinking backwards again.

From: qw...@hotmail.com
To: matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 09:00:38 +0000
Subject: Re: [Matplotlib-users] Formatter dates

Thanks for the reply!
I have been looking into it now and thinks i have get the hang of how it works
rougly. Do you know any way to know the max-value of X straight away?
I have a list of dates that with listlength Y, the X spans from 0 - something.
So if i could figure out what "something" is i could get the ratio and then
plot the dates by indexing the ratio times X eg. (Xmax / listlength) * X.

// Tim