2011/11/11 Michael Droettboom <md...@stsci.edu>:
> Very odd.  Given there's no C++ changes here, I'm very surprised.  Shooting
> in the dark here: does deleting ~/.matplotlib/fontList.cache help at all?

Nope :-(

I'm pretty much surprised too.  I wonder why noone else has this issue?

I replaced the font_manager.py with that of the good commit and it still fails.

I reverted than back to the bad font_manager.py, and replaced the
mathtext.py with that of the good one.  And it fails ....

I then replaced both font_manager.py as well as mathtext.py with the
good ones, and it .... still fails!

I could not believe this and checked out the good commit once more,
and this one .... fails now too ...

I have no idea what's going on here.  To me this looks like black
magic.  I didn't confuse the commits, I have logs where the good
commit succeeds.  Are there any other caches involved in matplotlib?
I don't know of any.

I cleaned the build/ directory properly.  A also nuked the
site-packages/matplotlib in between.

The build+run logs of the "good" commit before and after the "magic
trigger" are diff'ed exactly the same with the exception that in one
python2.6 -v continues with lines.py and in the other not.  :-(

Friedrich