On Nov 14, 2011, at 5:34 PM, Volker Blum wrote:

> Thanks for the (two!) fast answers on the list. So there is hope :) I'll take
> a look at the fink internals, I guess.
> best wishes
> Volker

having said that ... after trying the one piece of software that I need on
another platform, here's what I get:

  File "[...]", line 84, in <module>
    length = norm(dot(rlatvec,end) - dot(rlatvec,start))
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/mlab.py", line 1998, in
norm
    raise NotImplementedError('Deprecated - see numpy.linalg.norm')
NotImplementedError: Deprecated - see numpy.linalg.norm

The script that I was trying to get to work worked fine on Ubuntu this summer.
Where has "norm" gone? How can it have been deprecated? It looks like a
matplotlib problem, hence I am asking here.

[I am also asking out of some curiosity - I am sure the problem can be fixed
relatively easily, but what I am wondering is, am I looking at a problem that
came with a new version of matplotlib, am I using too old a version of
matplotlib?]

best wishes
Volker