Eric Firing, on 2011-12-27 15:31,  wrote:
> It looks like this is something I can fix by modifying ListedColormap.
> It is discarding the alpha values, and I don't think there is any reason
> it needs to do so.

One of my first attempts at a contribution to matplotlib three
years ago was related to this. It was in reply to a similar
question on list, and I wrote a patch, but never saw it through
to inclusion because it wasn't something I needed.

http://www.mail-archive.com/matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg09216.html

I think it's a helpful starting point, as I include a discussion
on the limitation of mpl colormaps there.
--
Paul Ivanov
314 address only used for lists,  off-list direct email at: