>> I'm (finally) getting started with matplotlib, and am enjoying the lovely
>> plot quality. However, as
>>
> Finally getting started?  You were one of our first contributors!
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=5192900

Heh. Well, now I'm actively trying to use it as a plotting library rather than
a great place to snag code from for my own projects :)

> The 111, and the numbering scheme in general, is covered in the pyplot
> tutorial
>
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/users/pyplot_tutorial.html#working-with-multiple-figures-and-axes
>
> and in the subplots API docs
>
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/api/pyplot_api.html#matplotlib.pyplot.subplot
>
> but it looks like the Figure.add_subplot docs could use some improvement here
> to explain the numbering scheme better (as pyplot.subplot does)
>
> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/api/figure_api.html#matplotlib.figure.Figure.add_subplot

Aah, thanks for the pointers! I realize that it's hard to keep all the docs
spiffy when there are a couple of different ways to get the various bits of
functionality. I'll go more thoroughly through the pyplot tutorial...

Thanks again,
Zach