1. runmarket uses the offers and bids to determine the PMAX and PMIN from
generators and dispatchable loads respectively. So if you have a PMIN value of
-100 MW in the case file (for a dispatchable load) and you submit bid
quantities totaling 80 MW, it will set PMIN to -80 before calling the OPF to
solve for the market solution.

2, 3 and 4. I'm not sure why you think they are computed differently. All of
the shadow prices on constraints are computed the same way. All of them are
sensitivities of the objective to the constraint in question and all are
computed internally by the non-linear solver being used. As I mentioned in my
first response to you, in the case of the default MIPS solver, they are
included in the mu variable in equation (A.32) in Appendix A. The values are
computed in mips.m.

--
Ray Zimmerman
Senior Research Associate