Jose,

I did not suggest to turn the swing bus into a PV bus. There should be at
least one swing bus
in the system unless you formulate your PF problem as ACOPF problem which
does not need
any slack buses.

I understand what you are saying and you are right. I'd keep the swing bus
as it is just
to provide the angle reference (admittance matrix is rarely singular) and
add to Jacobian a
constraint on the sum of P and Q flows on the lines connected to the swing
bus.  The sum
of all these lines out flows must be less than the power injection
capability of the swing bus,
both P and Q. If the constraint is violated the power flow does not
converge. The original
poster was concerned with the convergence when there is not enough
generation, so
no convergence would give them a really stern "warning" and leave them
guessing what went
wrong.  Or you can just keep it simple and have PF implementation just
print out a warning
that the slack bus exceeded its capacity.  Modifying the Jacobian was the
first thing that
came to my mind but I am not sure if it provides anything in addition of a
warning to user.

Jovan