The power flow problem solved by runpf does not take into account voltage
limits. If you need to enforce limits, you can use an appropriately constrained
OPF.

In this case, it just so happens that the initial voltage specified for bus 31
in the case57.m file happens to be the voltage at the power flow solution.

    Ray