I don’t have the case file you are using so I can’t duplicate your results, but
the creation of an island does not necessarily change the cost, unless it
forces a shift to more expensive generation. Have you looked at the dispatch
before and after taking out that line? If the objective function value is not
changing, then it seems likely that the optimal dispatch before contingency is
still feasible after the islanding.

Also, be sure that all islands have a slack/reference bus.

    Ray