> From: Jordan C N Chong [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> Thousand thanks for your tip. I got this error when I start up the
Tomcat:
> log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
> (org.infohazard.maverick.Di
> spatcher).
> log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.
>
> What does it mean???

It means that the logging system is not initialized :-)  Scott included
a link to the FAQ in his email:
http://mav.sourceforge.net/maverick-manual.html#N10722

If you do not desire detailed logging information, feel free to ignore
the message.

> And when I run the friendbook example, the following problems
happened:

> javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet jsp threw
> exception
>       at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:875)
>       ... ...
>
> Root Cause:
> java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation
>       at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
>       ... ...

Hmmm, sealing violations.  I have heard much about these but not
experienced them myself.  Which exact versions of tomcat, jdk, and xslt
processor (if you're using one) are you using?  And what is the
remainder of the Root Cause stack trace?

Jeff Schnitzer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]