On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Jeremy Dawson wrote:

> I appear to have started this ghastly program by hitting some key
> accidentally on my keyboard.

So, you decided to share with the whole world...

> A menu suggested typing 1 for help.  I did this. A screen came up with
> some information, which did not include either how to quit the program
> or indeed how to get out of the help screen.

You must have been living under a rock if you have no idea how to use
a Norton Commander clone. Anyway, it's not that hard - you just have to
look at the last line of your screen - a list of useful shortcuts is
presented to you.

[cut some random crap]

> It would be nice if software as intrusive as this was made a little more
>  user-friendly.

It would be nice if the device between the computer moniter and the
chair could actually think.