> > > fish.c:429: warning: implicit declaration of function `mktime'
> > > fish.c:425: warning: unused variable `tim'
>
> Also note that gcc 2.95.3.test3 is somewhat the final 2.95.3. I
> think it's more stable than 2.95.2. It's mainly a bugfix
> release, and reading the gcc mailing-lists archives I noticed
> what's delaying 2.95.3 are little problems with another arch.

I didn't intend to discourage you from using it. It's very hard to make
sure that gcc emits only only reasonable warnings, because not everybody
is so pedantic as me, even if we are talking about GCC developers :-)

> I get the same warnings and error using egcs 1.1.2, with or
> without -Wall.

I asked you to test the last snapshot. You shouldn't see them anymore with
any compiler :-)

> I need --without-samba or vfs/samba/configure is ran.
> Yesterday I configured with --without-samba and it worked.

See my previous message. You have some old stuff in your working
directory. You should clean it up, either by making a clean checkout or by
using cvsco from CVS Utilities (http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/cvsu/)

> > --with-ncurses doesn't work well with the latest ncurses (5.2).
> > There are also minor glitches with the recent versions of slang.
> > Try --with-included-slang - it's the best choice for now.
>
> Also with S-Lang 1.4.3?

I don't know. A problem with SLang 1.2.2 is that the first dialog frame
uses letter instead of lines in the upper left corner when run on rxvt.
It's hard to explain if you don't see it.

> > Your tools, I believe. Thank you for taking time to report the problem!
>
> I'm using glibc 2.2.2, not 2.2. Sorry.

Great! I'll be glad to hear from you again.

Regards,
Pavel Roskin