Hello,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 17:36:01 -0500 (CDT)
> Betreff: Behavior of internal search in a file has changed?

> What seems to happen for me now is that, if I scroll halfway through the
> file and search at that point for "string" then the search function thinks
> it is more clever than I am, and what I really wanted to do was to go back
> to the beginning of the file, if, say, "string" was to be found on line 3.

Please, calm down. I understand that you're frustrated by the sudden change of
behaviour but your report could be more useful if it contained
details like what version of MC worked for you and which is the version to
which you upgraded. The exact sequence of commands that you issue to get the
erronous behaviour could be also helpful. Anyway, I've played with the viewer a
bit and found out that the said behaviour is exhibited only if you move down by
using the arrow keys. If you move down using Page Down it works as expected.
I'll investigate and post a patch.

Thanks for the bugreport.