-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:15:04 +0200
> An: mc@gnome.org
> Betreff: Fwd: Re: Behavior of internal search in a file has changed?

> b. you went to the point where you can see the data block at the bottom of
> the screen using page down and then used the arrow key to go to the middle
> of the data block,
>       then you will get sent back to before the beginning of the data
> block, to the place where you were when you quit using page down and
> started to move with the arrow key (unsettling behavior).

This is because the arrow key handling is broken as discussed already in this
thread. If you only go by PgUp/PgDn then everything would be find. Pressing
Up/Down keys would mess the search. I have a patch but I am waiting for
Roland's comment since he made the patch which broke the old behaviour. If he
doesn't respond till the end of the week I'll commit a fix.