-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:10:03 +0200
> Von: "Pavel Tsekov"
> Betreff: Re: Behavior of internal search in a file has changed?

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > Datum: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 17:36:01 -0500 (CDT)
> > Betreff: Behavior of internal search in a file has changed?
>
> > What seems to happen for me now is that, if I scroll halfway through the
> > file and search at that point for "string" then the search function
> thinks
> > it is more clever than I am, and what I really wanted to do was to go
> back
> > to the beginning of the file, if, say, "string" was to be found on line
> 3.
>
> Please, calm down. I understand that you're frustrated by the sudden
> change of behaviour but your report could be more useful if it contained
> details like what version of MC worked for you and which is the version to
> which you upgraded. The exact sequence of commands that you issue to get
> the erronous behaviour could be also helpful. Anyway, I've played with the
> viewer a bit and found out that the said behaviour is exhibited only if you
> move down by using the arrow keys. If you move down using Page Down it
> works as expected. I'll investigate and post a patch.

Ok. The bug was introduced by this patch:

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/mc/src/view.c?root=mc&r1=1.250&r2=1.251&sortby=date&diff_format=u

With the new movement code introduced by the patch above the position
at which the search should start is not updated as the user moves
up/down by one line. This change conflicts with the old (expected) behaviour.
Perhaps there are other instances where moving around the file
would cause breakage. I suspect that the hex mode  may be affected as it calls
view_move_[left|right] but it doesn't call view_movement_fixups (..., TRUE),
but I haven't verified that yet. Roland, would you mind taking a look at this
issue or advise as to why you changed the code in that way ?

Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail