Rob,

I knew it, you're a timetraveller (-AI) !

As the Sony PS66 would be released around y 2360 (on a linear schedule) and i
wonder what at that time, 'long out of date' exactly would be ...

> Haha. The machine I did this on was a PS66, long out of date even then.
> But the scheme really caused no perceptible performance hit. A slight
> boot delay while encrypting the loop device, but I wasn't doing that
> very often, so no harm there.

just joking

Back to the topic ... i think that standard encryptions with 512 or even 1024
bits are no more safe with the progress of supercomputing, and even John Doe
can do it with DAS.

But an awful lot of applications leave history (more or less all of them) and
if you want to avoid that on a laptop, there's probably no way around a VM
kiosk system. And i think i'm going to go there.