From: mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu] On Behalf Of
Zickuhr, Kristine
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 2:24 PM
To: mcn-l at mcn.edu
Subject: [MCN-L] Advice on advanced degree for museum technology

Hi everyone,

Could anyone offer advice on an advanced degree that would helpful for
working with emerging museum technology?  I've considered a Masters in
Museum Studies but the curriculum seems too broad.  I'm a Registrar and
I'm particularly interested in digital image standards, rotational
photography, online databases, virtualization, etc.. We have IT staff at
my current institution but I'd like to try to keep up.  I know enough to
be dangerous, but that's about it!

Is anyone aware of a program that merges technology and the arts or
humanities?  Or is there a straight technology degree or certificate
that you would recommend instead?  An online degree or one offered in
Wisconsin would be particularly helpful.

Thank you for your input.

Kristine Zickuhr
Wisconsin Veterans Museum
You are currently subscribed to mcn-l, the listserv of the Museum
Computer Network (http://www.mcn.edu)

To post to this list, send messages to: mcn-l at mcn.edu