We are in the process of install museum-wide wi-fi, both for staff and
public.  Funding is coming from a private grant that incorporated many
other related items. Here is excerpt from our proposal that speaks
specifically to public wi-fi

The museum, however, is underutilized by the culturally inclined
population.  Following the success of early program initiatives, it is
the ideal time to build awareness of the MIA and its mission to enrich
the community, engage audiences more deeply with the museum, and
encourage greater connections between people through art.
 Wi-fi in all of the museum*s public spaces, allowing visitors to
access, respond to, and dig beyond the traditional wall panel in real
time
Digital feedback loops in select exhibitions allowing MIA to test
theories regarding visitor interactions
John

John R. Bedard  |  Director of Information Systems
Minneapolis Institute of Arts
2400 Third Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404

612-870-3268  |  JBedard at artsmia.org  |  www.artsmia.org

>>> On 4/30/2010 at 12:40 PM, in message
<1792577DCB731446AA4D874F1342736E195E9DB7 at FASXCH02.fasmail.priv>,
"Steward, Jeff" <jeff_steward at harvard.edu> wrote:

Thanks to all for your thoughtful responses. It has all been extremely
helpful.

Jeff