Hi all,
I  passed the thread to Shelley Bernstein, our Technology Chief, so she could
comment directly on the Brooklyn Museum's wi-fi. Here's her response.
Deb Wythe

Hi Jeff,

I just wanted to quickly weigh in on the wifi install at Brooklyn.  The project
was first conceived of as a community project - we had a new public plaza
completed in 2004 and wanted to make it a welcoming place for the community.
The original phase of the project was small in scope -- setup the initial
network and get the Plaza, the Sculpture Garden and other public spaces online.
It made sense given our mission and the new building project.  I'm not sure
that my recollection differs that much from Matt's - he is correct that later
expansion inside the building meant showing different business cases, but the
original project was thought of much differently - at least that's the way I
conceived of the project.   Interestingly, I think it makes a nice use case -
if it fits within mission, that can help you get started and then grow from
there as needed to fulfill other objectives.

I'm actually not on this list, so am asking Deb to post for me (thanks, Deb!).
If you have questions, I'm happy to answer them via email, first.last at
brooklynmuseum.org.

Many thanks,

Shelley Bernstein
Chief of Technology