From: mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu] On Behalf Of
David Marsh
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 11:42 AM
To: 'Museum Computer Network Listserv'
Subject: Re: [MCN-L] 3D Artifact Images, stitching together

FYI: Actually stitching isn't too hard.

Here at the planetarium we're all over stitching images together to make
seamless images for our dome. We've been doing it for years and we've
got pretty good at it. There are now some excellent software tools. I
can get the details from one of my colleagues if you like. I get the
impression it's pretty straightforward once you've got the hang and at
least some of the tools are free to use (at least for non-profits).

Hope that's helpful.

Dave

David Marsh
Chief Technician & System Administrator
H.R. MacMillan Space Centre
1100 Chestnut Street, Vancouver, BC V6J 3J9
E sysadmin at hrmacmillanspacecentre.com
T (604) 738 7827 ext. 229
C (604) 813 9667
F (604) 736 5665
For your next special event or meeting, consider the unique atmosphere
of the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre.  For more information go to
www.spacecentre.ca or call (604) 738-7827 (ext 233)
  P Please consider the environment before printing e-mails