Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 19:59:38 +0000
From: Bernard Hamlin <bernard.ham...@otagomuseum.govt.nz>
To: "mcn-l at mcn.edu" <mcn-l at mcn.edu>
Subject: [MCN-L] Online vs physical visits

Hey there,

I've been having a long running discussion with our team about the impact of
our website on physical visits to our building.
The rub appears to be the idea that offering a Web experience of objects and
exhibitions will cannibalise real experiences.
I'm not convinced that this is the case but I don't have any numbers, which
are important! Would anyone out there be willing to share door numbers say
before and after launching an online collection? Or a similar metric?

Thanks

Bernard Hamlin
IT Coordinator
Otago Museum