Good afternoon. We have a collection which consists mostly of black and
white photographic prints and are beginning to digitize them using flatbed
scanners. However, I spoke to a conservator who advised that they be
rephotographed with a digital camera instead due to the intense light
exposure on a flatbed. Is this a legitimate concern? Will the scanners
cause degradation of the originals, and would this degradation be
considerable? Thanks in advance.

Matt Wheeler,
Photography Archives,
Penobscot Marine Museum