Joe,

If you're looking for an open source tool that will work on both Mac OS and
Windows, I recommend Fixity, developed by AVPreserve <
https://www.avpreserve.com/tools/fixity/>. There's also both a user guide
and tutorial video for it. Fixity is particularly well suited for this is
that it can both create checksums and validate them according to a
user-defined schedule.

Best,

Mark A. Matienzo, Director of Technology
Digital Public Library of America

--
Mark A. Matienzo <m...@matienzo.org> | http://anarchivi.st/