PrinceGaz wrote:

>So I assume I'm correct in thinking connecting all three in parallel
>is not only feasible, but will cause no noticeable noise increase (I
>can easily unplug the computer if the electrical noise all computers
>have spills onto the soundcard's line in).

You'll be able to do this without any problems whatsoever, except for the
possibility of some noise being injected into the other components from the
PC, as you said.  There will of course be a slight attenuation with each
additional load, but it will be negligible and I doubt you will even notice
it.  The level difference when driving 3 x 47k loads from a 1k impedance
output compared to 1 x 47k load is about 0.35dB.  This is not a transmission
line situation so impedance matching is not necessary.

With regards to earth loop problems, if all your equipment is properly
designed, and any long signal runs to the same component are kept parallel
and close to each other all should be quiet.

-cb