PrinceGaz wrote:

> Not only work, but have a negligible effect on the sound level.  That's
> because the output impedance of the amps tape out (rec) is rated
> as 1kohm, whereas the input impedance of the tape deck and MD
> are both around 47kohm and I doubt the soundcard would be less
> than 10kohm (it's a genuine SB16).

Unfortunalty its not that simple. I has the line in of my PC connected
to teh REC out of a sony AV amp. When the PC was off the amp was loaded
heaps and there was lots of distortion. It seems that sony think its ok
to simply tie all the REC outs together with no form of buffer or
anything there. I plugged the REC out into teh line OUT of the soundcard
and found that it acted as an input too :( - Shoddy engeneering..

I would suggest you try it, and if there is an effect on the sound build
an active buffer ($5 opamp and a few resistors & capacitors, and  a
power supply)

> So I assume I'm correct in thinking connecting all three in parallel
> is not only feasible, but will cause no noticeable noise increase (I
> can easily unplug the computer if the electrical noise all computers
> have spills onto the soundcard's line in).
>
> Does anyone forsee any problems with such a setup?  The only
> thing that comes to my mind is earth voltage mismatch, but I feel
> that is unlikely.

Shouldnt be more of a problem then having them connected to the inputs
of the amp like I assume they are.

--
Richard