From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf
Of Simon Mackay
Sent:   Tuesday, 20 July 1999 12:35
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        RE: MD: SP-DIF Category Codes, SB-Live and SCMS treatment

Also what happens if I do something such as acquire sound onto a MiniDisc,
then copy the sound to the hard disk using the SBLive's SPDIF connection so
I can polish up the sound using Windows Sound Recorder or a similar utility
before making a production master on MiniDisc, or use it in a multimedia
project? Does the software allow a sound file to be created from any SPDIF
source deened SCMS-final, such as a digital copy of a CD or MiniDisc made on
domestic hardware or one of those V2 CDs?

Also, the above situation that you describe of the MD or DAT that is made of
the soundcard's output, you can't make digital copies of that MD/DAT or can
you make a SCMS-final copy of that sound-card recording which is on that MD
or DAT.