> Today I was out at the McArthur Glen outlet village in York, where Virgin
> music ( not associated with the Virgin Megastore ) have an outlet store
> called 'XS' , and they had The Sex Pistols' "Kiss This" for £7.99 stlg,
and
> if you buy more than 3 items, you get £1 off each one, so it eventually
cost
> me £6.99 stlg.
>
> I had a chat with the manager, asking why they only had 1 MD title, and
only
> 5 copies of that 1 title, and he said there will be a different title
every
> week or so at that price from the Virgin label in the shop, but they will
> not know in advance what the title will be....

You said in the first paragraph they were not associated with Mr. Branson's
Virgin chain, but in the second imply they will be stocking only Virgin
label
pre-rec MDs.  What gives?  Is Virgin Music providing a "discounted" MD
every week or two which the store then sells.  For that matter, while York
may have better pubs and architecture (fantastic city walls, must be seen
and walked around to be believed), Leeds must surely be the best bet
for getting you MD stuff I guess.

> They also stock Bush (!!!) blank MD's at £9.99 stlg for 5....

Go to Richer Sounds and get a load of Arnaud's excellent value HiSpace
discs.  If those experts at What Hi*Fi still have a voucher offer, you
should
be able to get up to 10MD at anything from UKP0.99-1.14 (I don't know the
latest voucher price).  Only downside is you are left with a useless mag
afterwards, unless you have a real coal fire.

I'd really love to read a review of the comparative sound quality of various
brands of 74 and 80min discs by the experts in the hifi mags.  I'm dying
for the "restricted sound space" and "limited bandwidth" comments that
they would probably give 80min discs :-)  I can see it all in print already,
they don't really need to listen to the disc before writing their article,
in
fact they probably don't :-P

Cheers,
PrinceGaz -> too cynical by a third