On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, PrinceGaz wrote:

> > Today I was out at the McArthur Glen outlet village in York, where Virgin
> > music ( not associated with the Virgin Megastore ) have an outlet store
>
> You said in the first paragraph they were not associated with Mr. Branson's
> Virgin chain, but in the second imply they will be stocking only Virgin
> label
> pre-rec MDs.  What gives?

Virgin music is not owned by Mr Branson any more.  He sold it to EMI a few
years ago to please his `short sighted creditors'.

Virgin megastores and V2 are owned by Mr Branson

> every week or two which the store then sells.  For that matter, while York
> may have better pubs and architecture (fantastic city walls, must be seen
> and walked around to be believed), Leeds must surely be the best bet
> for getting you MD stuff I guess.

York is quite devoid of minidisc (no Richer Sounds, and in my experience
Leeds RS is the worst I have been to), although the virgin in town does
have the standard virgin megastore single display of pre-rec minidiscs.

York does have excellent pubs, and you can get a nice pint of Sam Smiths
for as little as 1.10.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... drooool..
--
Tom Wheeley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
research scientist, sowerby research centre, british aerospace