In a message dated 7/21/99 9:42:35 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Quicker way to enter an apostrophe on a 520, 920, or W1: left parenthesis
>  from the remote, scan left (to move the cursor back over the parenthesis),
>  search left or AMS left (to change the character), and finally scan right
>  (to position the cursor for the next character).

You know what?  That is considerably faster than the way I was doing it.
Thanks!

> What's even crazier is that the 25 key provides an apostrophe on the JE500
and the JE510, and it was changed to a comma on later models!

How often does anyone out there use a question mark or exclamation point in a
title?  Sony needs to rethink what punctuation marks they provide on the
remote, I think.  Also a shift key would be nice, rather than having to
select uppercase to capitalize just one word and then selecting lowercase
again.

Of course, these are relatively trivial complaints, given how hard it is to
title on a portable, even with a jog wheel like on my R50.  Before the deck,
I didn't even bother.

> I have an RM-D20P titling keyboard

What is this and where do I get one?  I assume it has a more conventional
keyboard layout...?

Clay Voris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."