Clay Voris asked,

| Here's another question:  Why does Sony put the comma on the remote for
| titling, but not the apostrophe?

What's even crazier is that the 25 key provides an apostrophe on the JE500
and the JE510, and it was changed to a comma on later models!  Yes, sometimes
it was a pain to enter a comma, but like Clay I use the apostrophe far more
often.

| In the 3 weeks or so since I bought my JB920, I've found that I've used the
| apostrophe many more times than the comma, but it's much harder to access
| (you have to scroll through the numbers and several other punctuation marks
| before you can get to it.)

Quicker way to enter an apostrophe on a 520, 920, or W1: left parenthesis
from the remote, scan left (to move the cursor back over the parenthesis),
search left or AMS left (to change the character), and finally scan right
(to position the cursor for the next character).

A similar trick works on the 500 and 510 for characters not on the remote,
except (1) the search keys are dead, so you have to turn AMS in the third
step and not use the search keys, making the procedure impossible to do
entirely from the remote, and (2) the AMS key moves the cursor to the right
instead of inserting a space, so the fourth step becomes "scan right or AMS
in."

I still do it that way, even though I have an RM-D20P titling keyboard, when
I want to enter or edit a title on deck B of my W1.  The W1's remote works
with both decks of the unit but the RM-D20P works only with deck A.