Hi.  Are you talking about the power supply or the cassette adapter?

You can get both.  The same cassette adapter used for a CD will work for an MD
player with no problem.  The sound quality of these adapter is so, so.  But
unless you have an AUX input or line in on your car receiver, you really don't
have much choice without spending a lot of money.

If you can find the specs, you will notice that the preamp/amp section has much
better specs then the tape player.

As for AC adapter, you can get those also.  But then it becomes a matter of
matching the voltage and correct jack on the unit.

G'day,
Larry