Like many of you, I joined in mailing the 'protest letter' to V2 Records
regarding their producing CDs encoded with the SCMS 'no-copy' bit set.  When
they sent out their offer of a free CD to those who had e-mailed them, I sent
back my mailing address.  Today I received my CD of the album 'Black Music'
by Chocolate Genius, and of course the first thing I did was try to copy it.
I was quite amused to find my MD deck flashing 'Cannot Copy.'

Now, I appreciate their gesture and I certainly don't intend to sound
ungrateful, but given the nature of the protest that sparked the offer in the
first place, it just seems really funny to me, to make up for it by sending
out a round of copy-protected discs...

Clay Voris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]