At 16:21 10.08.99 +0200, you wrote:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to disable IR control on my JE 510?
>
>Put a piece of black scotch over the IR receiver on your 510.

Tried that, but seems still to get remote commands through the display, as
i have to cover the left side including the half display (with my hand) to
prevent the deck from reacting to the remote control!
Started pressing my Thumb over the Remote window, then added more fingers
and covered more of the front, until it stopped reacting.

And i don't want to put scotch on to the half display
;-)

But anyway thanks
Thomas