>Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 13:00:50 -0400
>From: LAS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: MD: Sony resting on the past
>

>The original MZ-1 included many features that have been left out of
>recent units.  The large LCD.  A complete key pad to help title.  A
>digital optical output.

Yes, but the sharp mds11 was a much better product, and it was available at
the same time - smaller, track titling ability, with optical input and
output :-) Mine's still going strong..

>One last example, Sony is still selling that MZ-R5ST, introduced almost
>2 years ago and has offered no advanced replacement.

Did anyone ELSE out there ever buy one of these? I've got one myself..
however, i've yet to see anyone else own up to having one.. :-(

Come to think of it the numbers of other people admitting to owning teac
mini disc players is equally slim (teac md-10 anyone?)

I get to feel abit like a lemon tester - if i get one, no-one else does
(although i'm very happy with the performance of these units..)

Jacob

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Get it out with Optrex"
Spike Milligan