| My aim was not to emulate tape. Tape sux, man. :-)

Didn't think it was, Kade.  Just figured that the whole dang resume feature's
goal was to do that.

| This is how computer discs work. I do
| not have a problem with this- there would be no point resuming a disc you
| had changed somewhere else anyway.

Agreed.

| Now you've quasi-flamed me over this, I have a good mind to flame you about
| your last post on THAT topic. ;-)

Saying hey, you would have to solve these problems if you went ahead with
your idea, is "quasi-flaming"?

| [That thread is clearly arguing in circles. I was pretty sure Gaz was being
| facetious anyway (I know I had a good laugh), and I can't why his comments
| warranted such an acidic reply.]

Nothing acidic (unless the cake mix has spoiled), and not personal at Gaz,
just at the whole "control" theory.

That thread will go in circles every time it comes up, and it will never stop
coming up.  And every time one of the proponents tries to push the "control"
theory or says "with automatic end search you can't overwrite at all" (ano-
ther falsehood), I'll laugh, and maybe I'll post a contradiction.

Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.  "Manual end search doesn't give
me any more control, but I like it anyway" is an informed opinion; "I like
manual end search because it gives me more control" is not.