==================================BEGIN QUOTE==============================
I've just installed my new Pioneer P100 changer into my car, connected to my
MEH P5000R MD head unit and CDX P5000 CD changer, and I've noticed that when
changing MD's ,the current MD continues to play at reduced volume whilst the
next disc is selected, and continues to play until either the next disc is
playing or the 10 second shock memory is exhausted, rather than cutting off
the sound instantaneously, like the CD changer does when changing discs.
Anybody else notice this?  Is this normal for MD changer operation?
==================================END QUOTE=================================
Continuing to play out the buffer in a MiniDisc changer may be normal
behaviour so it appears that the music is continuing while the discs are
changed. The unit would be reading ahead while playing out what is in the
buffer. You would be used to the silent gap that you notice when your CD
changer switches discs, but due to the anti-shock buffer, the MiniDisc units
can  read ahead and keep the music going. If I were you, I would try out the
"shuffle play" mode and see if the effect is still there with the MiniDisc
changer. This could lead to a GOOD THING! Radio-style "back-to-back" shuffle
play of multiple home-brew compilation MiniDiscs with this car stacker, if
you edit the recordings tightly.

With regards,

Simon Mackay