Richard Anderson wrote:

> I've just installed my new Pioneer P100 changer into my car, connected to my
> MEH P5000R MD head unit and CDX P5000 CD changer, and I've noticed that when
> changing MD's ,the current MD continues to play at reduced volume whilst the
> next disc is selected, and continues to play until either the next disc is
> playing or the 10 second shock memory is exhausted, rather than cutting off
> the sound instantaneously, like the CD changer does when changing discs.
> Anybody else notice this?  Is this normal for MD changer operation?

Yup, it's normal.  My Sony MDX-62 and MDX-65 both do the same thing.
In fact, judging by the fact that almost ALL 6-MD changers from all
companies looks identical, I'll go out on a limb and say that Sony
manufactures the internals for all other companies with the only
difference being that little circuit board with the DAC and controller
interface.

Shawn